Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolutions

Traditionally,  Jan 1 has been the day to set personal goals for the year. Usually these goals are forgotten about within weeks if not days.

For the next year I want to use the concept of "resolutions" as a starting point; I know that I am far from perfect and that I have numerous flaws and faults however  I want to use these perceived weaknesses and turn them  into strengths.

I created this space intially as a means to vent, to express myself in more than 140 characters; for reasons it was abandoned yet I want to use this space as a means to chart myself, to measure my progression or regression... I dont expect these next 12 months to be easy however I choose to not believe they will be filled with a sense of dire impossibilities.  Each month, I want to add a goal, working on something new as I begin to obtain completion of another. This is my way of keeping myself accountable.... I know myself too well.

So in no particular order, here are my 12 resolutions for 2014:

1. To be a more patient person
2. To (attempt) become a more positive person
3. To learn something new that challenged a preconceived notion ive had
4. To truly love and respect myself as an individual
5. To be brave
6. To let another inside my heart
7. To release the ghosts and demons of the past that haunt me
8. To no longer hide within myself
9. To boldly take those first steps ive talked about but havent yet taken
10. To find that one thing/person that makes me passionate again
11. To express myself in ways other than flat words
12. To not need to always be in control of things

Heh...I'm gonna be busy these next 12 months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment